Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Taking the Press Photo

The other day I was searching the web to find a good resource on how to take a good press photo. I found surprisingly little. So I thought I'd share a few of our learnings on marketing images and archival images-- and since it's a visual media, I've included many of ours from the past four productions. There's a difference between the press and the archival, which I discuss in the video, though I've used both the Vlog. The points I do my best to adhere to?
1. Shoot in color with at 300 dpi in the final image
2. Submit photos with strong contrasts
3. Play with angles and height
4. Place your subjects close together
5. Chose a moment that is dynamic and tells part of your story
6. A strong press photo should ask a question


Just 3 more performances of The Woman in Black! Grab your tickets now for the show Albert Goodwyn calls "taut, gripping suspense."

http://www.secondwindtheatre.com/

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home